This month I am talking to other awesome mom podcasters on the Gotcha Mama podcast. Each one has a different area of expertise, but each is so outstanding in her own way.
In this week’s episode, I talk with Laura Lynn LaPointe, who is the host of the Parenting Clubhouse podcast.
On her podcast, she helps parents understand and manage their child’s unwanted behaviors. Laura Lynn offers easy to implement behavioral strategies, backed by science, that can make a positive impact with your child today.
And I learned so much from this conversation. It really felt encouraging as a parent of a toddler when there are all these behaviors to navigate.
Laura Lynn is a wife, mama, a board-certified behavior analyst, and an entrepreneur. She understands the struggles of the daily grind that parents face. She knows we’re busy. We want to be the best parents we can be, but we have so many things pulling at us.
I mean, there are lunches to be made, laundry to be done, kids to be dropped off at something, dinner to be prepped. The list really goes on and on.
If your kids are anything like mine, you deal with hangry kids, whiny kids, dirty kids. And kids who won’t go to bed without asking for a billion different things.
Laura Lynn helps parents who want to be the best parent they can be, but really just feel like they have limited time, maybe insufficient resources and really no direction for where to turn.
More about the guest
She currently works part-time at Auburn university providing behavior therapy to children in foster care and parent training to foster parents in Alabama. Laura Lynn also provides online parent training courses at www.lauralynnlapointe.com.
Laura Lynn loves connecting with parents and helping them bring back sanity to their lives. Such a great mission!
We talk about
- What ABA therapy is and who it helps
- How we need to start the discussion about our children’s behavior, digging into our behavior as parents. Yeah, a little uncomfortable, but totally necessary.
- What affects behavior both internally and externally,
- How to handle inappropriate and unwanted behavior from children like throwing food or whining or stalling at bedtime.
- She gives some really good actionable advice. And don’t worry. We’ll also talk about challenges in actually carrying out some of the strategies too. Because I like to keep it real. Parenting is often easier said than done. AmIright?!
Links & Resources
Laura Lynn’s website – www.lauralynnlapointe.com
- Bedtime Pass Mini-Course. Do you have a child between the ages of 3-10 who cries, leaves the bedroom, or calls out to you at night once (s)he is put to bed? Here you get ALL the tools you will need to implement the bedtime pass: an EASY intervention that is backed by science for children who have bedtime resistant behaviors.
- Regain Control of Your Child’s Behavior. This course includes some of the best strategies to prevent and manage a child’s unwanted behavior.
- Potty Training Made Easy. This 2.5+ hour course will walk you through the tried and true STEP-BY-STEP process of potty training, and includes a supplies checklist, a potty training schedule, and other printable documents to help make your potty training experience a breeze!
More about the Gotcha Mama Podcast:
The Gotcha Mama Podcast is where we share honest stories of the joys and struggles of mom-life with young kids.
Each week host Amanda Bennett interviews a mom about topics ranging from awkwardly making mom friends, to chasing BIG dreams and finding purpose, to managing crippling anxiety and depression. You’ll hear stories from moms like you with the purpose to inspire, encourage, and entertain you.
We understand that motherhood can be lonely and make you doubt yourself. The Gotcha Mama Podcast exists to let you know that you are not alone as a busy mom of young kiddos, no matter what you’re dealing with.
The show is all about tearing down our insecurities as moms by honestly sharing our stories and a little of what we’ve learned along the way.
We believe it’s a whole lot better riding the rollercoaster of motherhood together!
Please subscribe on Apple Podcasts. Also, please take a second and leave your honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Ratings and reviews are important and greatly appreciated! And I do personally read each and every one of them.